Enrich your career as a part of Goodman’s Artistic Administration Internship. The applications for this program are currently available for the summer semester for qualified candidates.
This intern will be assigned some tasks to perform such as handling general correspondence; maintaining the database and hard copy files; attending artistic staff meetings; assisting with the scheduling and facilitation of audition sessions, and others as needed.
Artistic Administration Internship with Goodman is a great platform for those, who think that their career holds a future in professional theatre. Moreover, it can help you to bridge the gap between collegiate work and professional life and acquire rich and beneficial experience.
Goodman Theatre is a non-profit theatre company based in Chicago, IL. It is the oldest and largest theatre in the city and was opened to the audience in July 1922 by Erna Goodman, and William O. Goodman. This theatre company is dedicated to producing both classic and contemporary works and giving full voice to a wide range of artists and visions.
The main work station will be based in Chicago, IL.
This program will run from 29 May to 21 August.
These are the benefits that you will get as a participant of this internship:
- Their own phone extension, computer, and email address.
- Complimentary tickets to Goodman productions, and the chance to take advantage of free or discounted tickets to other theaters through industry offers.
- Tickets to all Goodman opening night performances—and passes to the after-parties.
- A small stipend.
- College credit, as arranged with your individual college or university.
- Mentorship and guidance from the professionals of the theatre.
- Good environment.
- Lots of networking opportunities.
To make an impact in this program, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Must have excellent administrative and communication skills,
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience with administration or casting (a plus).
Both domestic and international candidates can apply for this internship. However, the international applicants must have a J1 visa or be ready to pay the fee in order to obtain a J1 visa.
How to Apply:
The application process includes online application form and submission of a resume, two letters of recommendation, and a personal statement that must be within 500 words. The documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by March 20, 2020.