Forum Asia is now filling the vacant position of Management Support and Coordination Intern based in Bangkok, Thailand. The program aims to provide on-the-job training opportunities to graduates in human rights, development studies, communication or management.
Forum Asia’s Management Support and Coordination Internship will run for a maximum of 6 months, beginning on 20 January 2020. Through this program, interns can enhance their theoretical knowledge and acquire practical skills.
Furthermore, they will have the opportunity to enhance their understanding of human rights challenges in Asia and get the experience of working in NGOs and civil society in Asia.
Forum Asia is also known as the Asian Forum for human rights and development that is a membership-based regional human rights organization. It is dedicated to promote and protect all human rights, including the right to development, through collaboration and cooperation between human rights defenders and organizations in Asia.
This internship exists in Bangkok, Thailand.
The program requires a commitment of 6 months.
Successful candidates will have mentorship, training, and a chance to work in a collaborative environment. Moreover, they will also be provided the chance to take part in regular human rights seminar/training; a regular visit to partner organization of Forum-Asia; quarterly optional exposure/field trip; and social nights.
The eligibility conditions given below are the absolute minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of human rights, development studies, communication or management.
- Some practical knowledge about international human rights standards, mechanisms, and practices;
- Commitment and interest in human rights and social justice issues in the Asian region;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fundraising dynamics in the human rights NGO sector
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context;
- Good organization, scheduling and time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Accuracy and an eye for detail;
- Outstanding communication and writing skills in English; and
- Ability to learn continuously and coordinate with different stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to fill an application form and send it by email together with a resume and cover letter (both in .pdf files) explaining why you are interested in the position at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application before December 6, 2019.