Expedia is currently encouraging high caliber students to participate in its wonderful Data Science Internship program and explore, develop and share their ideas while gaining valuable experience.
Expedia Data Science Internship is a very organized and helpful program for the students to get to know about the company and gain some professional experience in the field of data science. It will take place in Seattle, Washington.
If you are selected for this role, you will be given the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, as well as work on hands-on projects that will fully prepare you for your future career.
The eligibility criteria of this program are given below:
- You are currently pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. degree in quantitative fields such as:
- Graduating in December 2020 or Spring 2021
- 0 or above minimum cumulative G.P.A with a prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
- You have proven theoretical understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms like Regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Boosted Decision Trees, SVMs, Neural Networks, etc.
- We would like to see experience with statistical computing environments such as R, sci-kit-learn, SparkML, Python (pandas), SAS, etc.
- You should have strong knowledge and experience in database technologies, including SQL and other relational databases, no-SQL, and Time Series databases
- You have an understanding of distributed file systems, scalable datastores, distributed computing and related technologies (Spark, Hadoop, etc.); implementation experience of MapReduce techniques, in-memory data processing, etc.
- You have familiarity with cloud computing, AWS specifically, in a distributed computing context.
How to Apply:
To complete your job application easier, you need to upload your resume or CV.
Open until filled.