Coursera is currently accepting resumes for the vacant position of Data Engineering Intern/Co-Op program located in Mountain View, CA. It will be a full-time intern/co-op role that will run from January 2020 to April 2020.
The hire will work as a member of a small data engineering team and paired with a mentor on his/her team and work on real projects, features, and updates that will affect 40+ million learners worldwide.
In addition, he/she will have the guidance, the environment, and the responsibility of deploying projects to production. Overall, this program will help students decide whether the data engineering field is good for them or not.
Coursera is an online learning platform that offers massive open online courses, specializations, and degrees. It is founded in 2012 by Professors Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng. It is providing services to more than 40 million people around the world.
Interns will be placed in Mountain View, CA-based office.
The program will run for 16 weeks.
Participation in this program will provide students training, mentorship, experience, skills, and the opportunity to build resumes and network with professionals and other interns.
To successfully join this program, you need to:
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, software engineering, info systems or equivalent experience, with a passion for data
- Be proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Be proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Have familiarity and experience with big data technologies (eg: Hive, Spark, Presto) preferred
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Have independence and passion for innovation and learning new technologies
How to Apply:
Apply by filling an online application form that must include your resume/CV.
The application deadline is currently open.