Christie’s needs applicants for the fastest growing company and needs applicants to fill the internship position in the company. The internship program is offered in two sessions annually is one starting in January and can be called as spring semester and the other one is in August or can be called as fall semester. The students working as an intern in the company will be allowed for hands-on experience during the busy time of the seasons, as well as providing an in-depth understanding of the fast-paced nature of the art and auction business world. The program offered by the company is for a full-time duration and some of the opportunities can be converted to part-time duration. The applicant is required to work for 9 to 5 in the company and they must adhere to the working hours unless it is mentioned by the department supervisor. The hired student may sometimes be asked to work on evenings also and the company encourages the student to get involved in all the activities so that they can gain the overall development and experience.
The applicant once engaged in the program is asked to perform a variety of duties throughout the time at Christie’s. The project assigned to the student will depend on the department as well as on other related factors. Some of the common tasks assigned to the candidates include performing research on specific works of artists, museums, and art. The students are not offered housing or traveling reimbursement. The student must make sure that their ends are met successfully. The applicant selected for the program must be resourceful, bright, and multi-tasking. To complete the tasks on time, the student must work very hard. The candidate is required to work in an environment that brings out the better result and the student is required to carry out the tasks with little or no guidance.
Christie’s is a British auction house that was founded in 1766 by James Christie. The main premises are on King Street, Rockefeller Center in New York City, and St James’s in London. The organization is owned by Groupe Artemis, the holding company of Francois-Henri Pinault. In 2017, the Salvator Mundi was sold for approximately 400 million dollars at Christie’s in New York City, at the time of the highest price ever paid for a single painting at an auction.
The benefits one can get while working in the company include paid time off, sick leaves, a place with little or no disturbance, and a team with an amazing future that can be built.
- Provide support on consignment-related tasks.
- Working with the galleries for the exhibition set up.
- Perform research on specific works of artists, museums and art, etc.
- Assisting with the catalog essays and notes.
- Managing databases and libraries.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Brainstorm the ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The age of the student must be 18 years or more than that.
- The position is open for undergraduate students, master’s students, or recently graduated candidates.
- The applicant must have appropriate work authorization, as the company does not sponsor visas for entry-level positions.
- The student must be available for the entirety of the program and should prepare the schedule for the time and workload commitment.
- The student must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The person must possess the ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must be driven, focused, and hard-working.
- The person must be highly collaborative.
The location for the internship program is in Los Angeles or New York. The internship is offered by the company for the fall and spring semesters.
Duration of Internship
The company is offering an internship program is for the different duration and the student is required to work for 9 to 5 in the company.
How to Apply
It is quite easy to apply for the program if the student is interested in the program. The candidate is required to click on the link and the link will be redirected to a new page where all the required details must be entered.