Charlotte Hornets is welcoming students, who are confident and out of the box thinkers, to serve as the Communications/CSR intern. Candidates will be hired for a fall internship experience that will start on September 2nd, and run through December 11th, 2020.
The Communication/CSR Interns will work in the public relations department and assist to team with media projects, public relations game-day duties, CSR initiatives, and others. In return, they will get to experience a real workplace and develop skills that are crucial in every field.
This role is unpaid however a stipend of two payments of $1,000 will be available for interns to cover transportation, food and parking expenses. To play this role successfully, applicants must be pursuing a sports management, communications, or public relations degree.
Charlotte Hornets is an American professional basketball team that plays in the National Basketball Association as a member of the league’s Eastern Conference Southeast Division. It is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Michael Jordan, the retired NBA player, is the owner of the team. The team plays its games at the Spectrum Center in Uptown Charlotte.
The internship will be organized in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This program is about to start on September 2nd and will run through December 11th, 2020.
Those who will be selected can get the following benefits:
- A stipend of two payments of $1,000
- Chance to work in the sport industry
- Flexible working hours
- Great work environment
- Development and learning opportunities
- Valuable projects
- Lots of networking opportunities.
Meet up the criteria below before applying:
- Must receive college credit
- Must be pursuing a sports management, communications, or public relations degree
- Must have a strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Must have previous experience in a college sports information office, school newspaper, internship with a sports team or campus athletic department is preferred
- Must have experience with sports writing, research, feature writing and transcription
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must maintain a very professional relationship around players and coaches.
How to Apply:
Online applications are desired for this role.
It is open until the slot is filled.