Art Institute of Chicago’s Department of Learning and Public Engagement has an amazing summer internship program in museum teaching. It will be a full-time role that will run approximately 8 weeks in Michigan.
During this internship, participants will get the chance to take part in an initial two-week orientation to museum education theory and practice. They will also obtain hands-on learning experience by designing and facilitating tours and programs for a variety of audiences.
Some of the best benefits of this program include working with professional LPE staff to understand the field of the museum, building a strong network of peers and mentors, and compensation with an additional housing stipend.
The Art Institute of Chicago is one of the oldest and largest art museums based in the United States. The museum, founded as both a museum and school for the fine arts in 1879, collects, preserves, and interprets works of art of the highest quality, representing the world’s diverse artistic traditions, for the inspiration and education of the public.
This internship will secure a place in Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL.
The length of this program is 8 weeks, starting on Monday, June 15, 2020. All candidates must be able to work for 35 hours per week.
Interns will be benefited through a competitive compensation rate. An additional housing stipend may be available to a limited number of selected interns
To become a part of this opportunity, you must meet the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a senior undergraduate, graduated senior, or master’s degree candidate students.
- Have an interest in the arts and/or museums, demonstrated through academic study, work experience, or by other means
- Have experience in teaching, assisting teaching, tutoring, or mentoring in an informal or formal education setting such as a school, camp, college, after-school program, community center, or museum
- Have strong communication, creative thinking, and research skills
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who speak Spanish fluently
How to Apply:
Combine resume, a brief cover letter, and your responses to three of the prompts below in essay form into one document and upload it in your online application.
The last date to apply is February 21, 2020.