Aon is offering students with a tremendous opportunity to join them as a catastrophe risk intern. The students who are working towards a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or math will be hired for the position. The program will last for 10 weeks in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The position will be responsible for supporting the Reinsurance analytics team members and brokers with risk assessment and risk management. The intern will also handle the day to day tasks and ad hoc projects.
The ideal intern will get a unique opportunity to gain real-world work experience, which can be useful for the further professional career. Throughout the 10-week program, the intern will know more about Aon’s working culture and business while also developing his/her skills.
Aon was established in 1982 by merging Ryan Insurance Group with the Combined Insurance Company of America. It is now the most significant global professional services firm selling a wide range of financial risk-mitigation products including insurances, pension administration, and health insurance plans. The company has a team of approximately 50,000 employees in 120 countries.
Bloomington, Minnesota is the location for the program.
The ideal intern will be working for 10 weeks in this internship program.
The internship program is providing the following benefits to the intern:
- Network with colleagues
- Learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Learn team spirit
- Gain the ability to work in a professional business environment
- Get offers for full-time employment
The internship program is intended for candidates who:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, math or other related quantitative or analytically oriented major
- Must have analytical skills
- Must include excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Must have well communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of audiences
- Must Commit to learning and development
- Must have the ability to think strategically and analytically and should work independently and take initiative
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Must have programming experiences such as SQL, R or python or valuation software skills like Tableau, Power BI, etc
- Must be on track to graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
How to Apply:
The applicants are required to send their applications online.
Interested applicants must apply early to be considered for this particular program.