Get the essential skills you need for a career in an exciting field like biology through this Santee Cooper’s Biological Services Summer Internship beginning on May 18, 2020. This position is a summer internship based at Santee Cooper’s headquarters in Moncks Corner, SC.
The candidates who are pursuing a degree in biology, wildlife management or other environmental-related fields of study can participate in this amazing program. For this position, interns will be provided a good rate of the hourly wage.
The primary responsibility of this Biology Intern is to assist environmental technicians/specialists with aquatic plant control, water quality monitoring, laboratory analysis, special projects, equipment maintenance, and others.
This internship based in Moncks Corner, SC.
The duration of this program is 10-12 weeks.
Rising Sophomore – $13.00 per hour
Rising Junior – $14.00 per hour
Rising Senior – $15.00 per hour
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Have basic laboratory skills
- Have boat operation experience
- Have basic computer skills
- Have the ability to work in extreme heat
- Have completed their first year at a 4-year college or 2-year college (transfer program)
- Are pursuing a degree in biology, wildlife management or other environmental-related fields of study
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have successfully undergone pre-employment physical and drug screen
How to Apply:
You can apply online.
Please submit your online application before February 1, 2020.