Sanford Health is seeking to hire surgery interns for its surgical processing department during the summer semester. The program will be based in Sioux Falls, SD, and requires candidates to be able to work 8 hours a day.
This position is designed to assist with the coordination and implementation of an improved process for returning sterile surgical supplies for the surgical processing department. Selected candidates will also provide support in the continued development of inventory solutions.
The working hours will be flexible depending on your schedule. This opportunity will suit those who are attending medical school or working toward a degree in supply chain management.
Sanford Health is one of the largest health systems in the United States with 44 medical centers, 482 clinics, more than 200 senior living facilities, 190,000 Sanford health plan members and 48,622 employees. It has been dedicated to delivering health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research, and affordable insurance.
This internship is now going to take place in Sioux Falls, SD.
Interns will have:
- Great working environment
- Lots of career opportunities
- Training and learning opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Meaningful projects.
To get placement in this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain inventory of surgical supplies
- Work as a liaison to supply chain management and surgical services
- Participate in the value analysis committee & assist in the resolution of backorder items
- Current enrollment or recent graduate of an associate or bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
How to Apply:
Online applications are desired.
Open until filled.