Niantic is actively recruiting passionate, open-minded, and accomplished people to work with its software engineer team as interns at Sunnyvale, CA office.
The program is designed to work on advancing Niantic’s real-world augmented reality games and its high-performance AR platform service. It covers every aspect of software engineering to provide hand-on experience and skills to interns.
Moreover, it will also provide you mentorship by an experienced team of server, gaming, mobile, and full-stack engineers and some good connects in the industry. You will be invited to apply if you are enrolled in a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in a related field.
Niantic is a software development company founded in 2010 by John Hanke. It is especially known for developing the augmented reality mobile games Ingress, Pokémon Go, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Its headquarter is based in San Francisco, California.
Selected interns will join the software team at Sunnyvale, CA office.
This is a very useful internship that will compensate interns through real projects, training, mentorship, workshops, company events, and hand-on experience and many more.
Before applying, please make sure you fulfill all the following requirements:
- Graduating in 2021 or later, with a master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related field
- Previous internship experience as a software engineer
- Excellent coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills, in C++
- Experience with systems engineering and/or multi-threaded/concurrent programming
- Proven understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and tools (e.g., programming proficiency in an object-oriented language, algorithms and data structures)
This role is eligible for sponsorship under CPT Visa so international students can participate in this internship program.
How to Apply:
Candidates will be asked to fill out an online application form that must include a resume, and cover letter/CV.
Applications will remain to be invited until the slot is filled.