Behind the scenes at Salesforce, you‡ll find a team of stars powering technology for our employees. The Business Technology team provides a suite of services to help build, run, and transform enterprise applications. The trusted, smart, and scalable technologies we develop mean that our employees can focus on delivering the very best to Salesforce‡s customers.
As a Summer 2024 – Technical Program Management Intern within Business Technology (BT), you will rotate regularly to new tasks, depending on demand, which offers you a unique opportunity to gain experience across the full range of what Business Technology does, within the camaraderie of one team spanning our offices across the globe.
Our ideal candidate is interested in driving design solutions for our employees to use Salesforce software products in innovative new ways to do their best work. IT Program Management Interns play an important role in Agile teams by ensuring that the Product teams are gathering requirements from end-users and communicating with engineers to deliver the right product features to meet these user needs.
We are looking for someone who is considered to be both technical and an inspiring leader. In your role as a Technical Program Management Intern, you will be instrumental in the planning and management of IT projects. You are required to have a high level of technical expertise as well as organization, leadership and communication skills.
- Ask the right questions. Strive for alignment.
- Encourage out-of-the-box thinking, to achieve the “best” outcome
- Analyzing, planning and developing scheduled projects
- Determining and defining clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for all staff members
- Holding regular technical team meetings to help address any questions or challenges regarding upcoming projects
- Researching and evaluating hardware and software technology options for each project
- Updating and maintaining all production technologies, helping to ensure proper maintenance and installation is achieved
- Financial acumen to provide options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company
Requirements: (At this time, we are only accepting Bachelor-level students)
- Currently working towards an undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science,
- Engineering, Business or other relevant majors. (Please note, to be eligible for an internship, you must be returning to school for at least one quarter/semester after the internship is completed)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Receptive listening skills. Willing to ask questions to get to a full understanding of what end-users need and why
- A keen attention to detail
- Able to follow up diligently to get tasks completed
- A self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Willing to receive direction and guidance within a team environment, adopt and develop best practices and overcome obstacles with creative technical solutions.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) covering business process analysis, requirements and design, data modeling, detailed functional design, test planning, and UAT execution
At Salesforce, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates.
If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via this Accommodation Request Form. Please note that Salesforce uses an automated employment decision tool to help our recruiters assess and evaluate candidates‡ resumes. If you do not want Salesforce to use this tool with your application, please submit a request via this form.
Equal Opportunity Statement.
Salesforce is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a policy of non-discrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. What does that mean exactly? It means that at Salesforce, we believe in equality for all. And we believe we can lead the path to equality in part by creating a workplace that’s diverse, inclusive, and free from discrimination. Know your rights: workplace discrimination is illegal. Any employee or potential employee will be assessed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, political viewpoint, or other classifications protected by law.
This policy applies to current and prospective employees, no matter where they are in their Salesforce employment journey. It also applies to recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, assessment of job performance, discipline, termination, and everything in between. Recruiting, hiring, and promotion decisions at Salesforce are fair and based on merit. The same goes for compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, reduction in workforce, recall, training, and education.
To apply for this job please visit careers.salesforce.com.