Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) is calling bright and motivated interns to join its wonderful congressional internship Program. This event seeks to engage students pursuing an undergraduate degree.
During CHCI’s paid internship, interns will experience what it’s like to work in a congressional office and learn firsthand how the legislative system works while spending four days each week working on Capitol Hill.
They will also be exposed to networking, shadowing, and mentoring opportunities with Latino leaders, and receive ongoing professional development training from staff. Plus, they will obtain well rounded hands-on experience and valuable professional skills.
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) is a nonprofit organization located in Washington, DC. This organization is dedicated to educating, empowering, and connecting students and young professionals, by providing them leadership development programs and educational services.
This internship will reside in Washington, DC.
This internship is available for both summer and fall semesters.
- Summer 2021: May 26 – July 31, 2021 (10 weeks)
- Fall 2021: August 24 – November 13, 2021 (12 weeks)
Interns will enjoy many benefits:
- Congressional Office Internship Placement
- Great Pay: $3,750 (Fall/Spring), $3,125 (Summer)
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, DC
- Housing (All Expenses Covered)
- Academic Credit
- Leadership training, networking and more
You must meet all the given eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
- High academic achievement (preference of 3.0 GPA or higher)
- Evidence of leadership skills and potential for leadership growth
- Demonstrated commitment to public service-oriented activities
- Superior analytical skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Students must currently be enrolled full time and working towards their undergraduate degree in the academic period prior to participation and have not had their degree conferred before completion of the program
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization. International students on F-1 or M-1 visas are not eligible for CHCI programs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application online.
The application deadline for summer is December 1, 2021
The application deadline for fall is February 15, 2021