City of New Berlin is now encouraging bright undergraduate and graduate students to send applications for recreation internship. This paid program is scheduled to last from May through August in New Berlin, WI.
Participants will work under the direction of the New Berlin Recreation Department. Their responsibilities will consist of assisting with planning, implementing, and evaluating department programs and events.
This program will let interns gain practical working experience in the office setting, and use the skill, knowledge, and theoretical practice they learned in university.
This internship is going to happen in New Berlin, WI.
It is a four-month commitment.
You will get the following as benefits:
- Hourly based salary of $10.00
- Mentorship and training
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Networking opportunities.
To be a good fit for this role, you will need to have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and pursuing a bachelor or master’s degree in recreation management, sports management, education, or related field
- Must have basic proficiency in Microsoft applications and social media platforms
- Must exhibit excellence in organizational, analytical, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Prior experience in a recreation department or comparable setting
- Experience working with youth.
How to Apply:
Only online applications will be accepted.
Applications are open until April 17, 2021.