Centura Health has an amazing dietetic internship within its nutrition services department. It is a nine-month-long program that will offer clinical and food service management and community experiences.
This dietetic internship targets to provide the students with the experience and qualifications to become a competent, entry-level registered dietitian and an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
This program will last for 40 weeks inclusive which will include 35 weeks of supervised practice, 3 weeks of a scheduled vacation, and 2 weeks of orientation. Students who have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree granted by the U.S. regionally accredited university or college can apply for this opportunity.
Centura Health is the largest health care ecosystem based in Centennial, Colorado, United States. With over 21,000 mission-centered professionals, 17 hospitals, and 13 affiliated hospitals, it is dedicated to caring for those who are ill and nurturing the health of the people in our communities.
This internship will take place in Chicago, Illinois.
This program will span 40 weeks inclusive which will include 35 weeks of supervised practice, 3 weeks of a scheduled vacation, and 2 weeks of orientation.
Selected candidates will gain experience, skills, guidance and mentorship, training, workshops, events and networking opportunities in the healthcare settings.
Candidates must meet given criteria in order to be selected for this role:
- Must have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree granted by the U.S. regionally accredited university or college.
- Complete course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Successful completion of the program will result in the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) issuing a verification statement for eligibility to complete a Dietetic Internship (DI).
- Complete ACEND-accredited supervised practice program (Dietetic Internship, Coordinated Program or Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway – ISPP). Successful completion of the program will result in a DI verification statement that establishes eligibility to sit for the national standardized exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Pass the CDR dietetic registration national exam.
- Gain licensure in your state of practice, if applicable.
- Complete continuing education requirements to maintain registration.
How to Apply:
For this program, you can apply through DICAS. The fee for using DICAS is $45 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. All candidates must follow these steps:
- Fill application form that must include the name and contact information for each reference.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be sent to the address below:
DICAS – Transcript Department
P.O, Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at D & D Digital.
- In addition to the DICAS and D&D Digital fees, this internship also requires a non-refundable $75 application fee payable to Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.
- Applicants can mail the application fee to the address below:
Dietetic Internship Program
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
2222 N. Nevada Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Applications must be received by February 15, 2020.