With the spirit of helping promising students acquire experience in material science, Aerospace Corporation is giving them the opportunity to intern in this field during summer. It is 10 weeks long role based in El Segundo, CA.
The successful candidates will join a team in the materials science department of the space materials laboratory. They will get to work on a variety of summer projects focused on metal additive manufacturing.
For students, this program is a great option to explore a career in material science, connect with professionals, learn through practical work and utilize summer breaks.
Aerospace Corporation is an American non-profit aerospace corporation headquartered in El Segundo, California. It was founded on 4 June 1960 and has been providing technical guidance and advice on space missions to the military, civil, and commercial customers.
This program will take place in El Segundo, CA.
It will last 10 weeks during the summer.
You can expect the following benefits from this program:
- Fast-paced and collaborative working environment
- Learning and training opportunities
- Supportive colleagues
- Great working culture
- Chance to grow Networking
- Mentorship and guidance.
Please have a look at the eligibility criteria before applying:
- The undergraduate candidate should have taken courses in materials science and engineering with an emphasis in metallurgy
- Also, the candidate should have an attention to detail and the ability to plan and execute on experimental plans
- Current pursuit of a B.S. degree in materials science and engineering
- + GPA based on a 4.0 scale
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications submitted online will be considered.
Open until filled.