The hired candidates will primarily write digital headlines and other display copy, update the site’s home page and section pages, and occasionally be involved in newsletter production and social media promotion.
The New Yorker is a famous American multi-platform media enterprise that publishes print, digital, audio, video, and live events. It is the most influential magazine in the world, especially known for its in-depth reporting, political and cultural commentary, fiction, poetry, humor, and cartoons.
The primary station of the position will be in New York, NY.
Great location, lovely people, great teams, and laidback atmosphere
You are the great fit for this role if you fulfill all the given eligibility criteria
- Two years’ experience as a copy editor
- A flair for writing display copy that engages the reader and adheres to The New Yorker’s voice and outlook
- Experience and comfort with digital publishing and an ability to work both quickly and accurately
- A strong interest in current affairs and culture
- The ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate and coordinate with editors, writers, fact-checkers, and others, balancing needs and priorities while upholding copy standards
- Familiarity with the history, style, and values of The New Yorker
How to Apply:
Please send your application online.
The application deadline is open until the position is filled.