Want to put your education to work in this summer? If yes, then we have good news for you. PrepareRI internship is now available for talented and motivated students at RIDE. This internship program is an intense work-based learning experience where rising high school seniors (current juniors) are placed in a 6 to 8 week paid summer internship.
The Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (RIDE) is a state agency in Rhode Island that oversees the elementary and secondary education system from pre-Kindergarten through high school.
PrepareRI internship program has been developed to provide students with fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees.
Internship Eligibility Requirements:
To qualify for this opportunity, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Attend Rhode Island public school
- Junior in high school (2018/2019 school year)
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2019
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete online PrepareRI internship application
- The complete interview with Skills RI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 24-28, 2019 from 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
- Commit to at least 150 hours of work over a 6 – 8 week period from July 1 – August 23, 2019
- Have a flexible schedule for work
How to Apply:
- The application must be completed online, there is no paper form
- To apply, you must register for an account
- After you register, you must verify your email address. An email will be sent to you with a verification link
- Go to your email to access the verification link. Within the email, click “Confirm email address” to verify your email. After verifying your email address you will be brought back to the application site
- Once back at the application site, you must complete the eligibility form. If you are eligible for the program, you will then be able to access and complete the application
- You can start your application and save it to complete at a later time
- When you have completed your application, be sure to review your work closely before you submit
- When you are satisfied with your application and are ready to submit, click “Mark as Complete,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”.
Students can apply online between December 3, 2018, and February 1, 2019