Do you like telling wonderful stories through your animation work? Are you wondering how you can launch your animation career before graduation? If you answer yes to the above questions, then this Pixar Animation Summer Internship could be just what you’re looking for.
This is an extensive 12-weeks long classroom-based animation training course that will take place in Emeryville, California. During this event, you will work in collaboration with professionals, gain knowledge of the production pipeline process and attend animation dailies.
This full-time role is tailored to give bright students valuable hands-on exposure to the company’s production environment and firsthand experience of Pixar’s animator’s life. Candidates who are enrolled in degree programs in animation, film, or related fields can apply. Recent graduates are also eligible.
Pixar is an academy award-winning computer animation company in America. It was founded on 3 February 1986 by Steve Jobs, Edwin Catmull, and Alvy Ray Smith and is headquartered in Emeryville, California. It is the subsidiary company of The Walt Disney Company.
Interns will join Emeryville, California-based office.
The program is for 12-weeks with the starting date on June 1st, 2021 concluding date on August 21st, 2021.
The interns will gain hands-on experience and skills while enjoying the following perks:
- Direct mentorship and training in a hands-on classroom environment
- Work alongside Pixar employees and contribute as members of the team
- Enjoy employee access to companywide events and amenities, such as screenings,
lectures, fitness facilities, and food
- Actively participate in Pixar’s social, educational and civic programs
- Get paid (in addition, housing assistance is offered to non-local interns)
Candidates can apply for this program only when they matched all the terms and conditions given below:
- Must be working towards a degree or certificate in classical animation, film, or related field or be recent graduates
- Demonstrate your aesthetic sense via your online demo reel or portfolio
- Must be available to work full-time Mon – Fri for 12-weeks
- Have a deep understanding of traditional animation principles and have a demo reel showing your application of the principles to tell a story with meaning through movement
- have the ability to use acting skills that bring characters to life as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
- Storytelling skills (preferred)
- Be organized, detail-oriented and enjoy working quickly and collaboratively
- Possess a good attitude and a strong work ethic
How to Apply:
Online applications will only be considered.
The last date to apply is Sunday, February 9, 2021