Candidates are being hired for New York City Mayor’s Office Internship Program. The applications for this program are currently open for the summer term which is four months long.
This internship is an opportunity to get the amazing glimpses of the city, the city’s government, and its people. Hired will collaborate with the staff to work on a variety of projects that will consist of researching, attending meetings, managing incoming inquiries, analyzing data and etc.
Besides, the program will include will bi-weekly speaker series, tour to various Mayors’ Office facilities across the city, and the chance to volunteer for New York City to put a great impact on communities. Interns will also be paid a good rate of salary for their amazing work.
To join this wonderful internship program, you will need to be a high school or undergraduate or graduate student.
New York City, NY is the primary location for this role.
It is a four months-long program, starting in May and concluding in August.
The program includes the following benefits:
- Interns will be paid based on their education level:
- High school students – $15 per hour
- Undergraduate students – $15.75 per hour
- Graduate students – $17 per hour
- Bi-weekly speaker series
- Tour to various Mayors’ Office facilities across the city
- Volunteer opportunities
- Mentorship from the professionals
- Learning and training sessions
- Real work
- Great environment
- Regular feedback
The following eligibility requirements are varied depending on education level:
High School Students:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must have current working papers/employment certification at the time of application.
- Must be enrolled in high school or accepted to an undergraduate degree program.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- During the summer term, recent graduates will only be considered if they graduated at the end of the spring semester immediately preceding the Summer Term.
- Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a graduate program. Recent graduates are not eligible to intern.
There are no residency requirements for summer interns.
How to Apply:
The application mode is online.
Applications will be received until 20 March 2020.