Are you a young and motivated high-school student looking for a program that will challenge you every day, expose you to many opportunities? If yes, then you might be a great fit for the MTC paid summer internship. This internship can be a fantastic way to get some real-world experience before heading off to college.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) is the government agency responsible for regional transportation planning and financing in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The purpose of this program is to introduce high school students in the 10th, 11th or 12th grade to career opportunities in the field of transportation. This program will help students to understand the role of transportation agencies in the community that they live and go to school in offers professional skill-building opportunities and enrichment activities.
To be a part of MTC internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Will be completing the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade by summer 2019
- Will be 16 years of age or older by Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Live and go to school in the county that you are applying for
- Able to attend the Intern Orientation in San Francisco on Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Be available for the entire duration of the 8-10 week program
- Able to participate in an in-person or telephone interview with one or more personnel