Manipal Academy of Higher Education’s Centre for Natural Sciences is now launching a 2020 summer internship scheme for meritorious students. This internship is an annual event that will span around 6 weeks over the summer.
It is designed to provide exposure to the steps involved in scientific investigations. Participants can gain experience in computational chemistry, high energy physics, neutrino physics, nuclear physics, observational astrophysics, planetary science, cosmology & gravitation.
The best aspects of this course are that it will acquaint the intern with the entire research life-cycle and give them the chance to work directly with active researchers and eminent faculty within a pure research environment. To appreciate interns for their amazing work, it will offer them a consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,000.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education is also known as Manipal University which is a public research university in Manipal, Karnataka. It was formed in 1953 by T. M. A. Pai who was a doctor, banker, educationist, and philanthropist. The University operates branch campuses in Dubai and Mangalore. It offers 218 programs in 19 different disciplines.
This internship will be held at a beautiful venue in Manipal, Karnataka.
It will run for 6 weeks, from Monday, 8th June through Friday, 17th July 2020.
All participants will be compensated through:
- A consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,000/-
- Free, shared, on-campus hostel accommodation
- Chance to work closely with active researchers and eminent faculty
- Mentorship and guidance throughout the program
- Career development and learning opportunities
- Training and learning sessions
- The fast-paced and collaborative environment
Please check out the given requirements:
- Must be highly motivated to do pure research
- Must be enrolled in M. Sc./ M. Tech. / Integrated M. Sc./ M. Tech. program at a reputed institution
- Or must be enrolled B. Sc./ B. Tech. / B.A. (mathematics or related discipline) at a reputed institution
- Students who have completed their studies and are not pursuing any coursework at present are also eligible for the program but will not be provided with financial support.
How to Apply:
To complete the application process, you need to fill out an online application form in a single PDF file and send it with two letters of recommendation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after 25th April 2020 will not be considered.