The internship will be a full-time paid program that will for ten weeks. Interns will also be invited to participate in various events including a pre-internship Boot Camp, networking receptions, industry career panels, and site tours.
Here, interns will get to attain valuable opportunities through the projects and meeting with industry leaders. This internship will turn out to be a great platform for students to step into the professional world.
LifeSci NYC provides nearly 16,000 new jobs accessible to New Yorkers without advanced degrees. It has invested $500 million in life sciences research and development and innovations.
New York City, New York is the internship location.
The duration of the internship is ten weeks, starting from June 1 to August 7, 2020.
Ideal interns will acquire the benefits as follows:
- Learn as well as get paid for it
- Attend seminars, events, and activities to explore more knowledge
- Gain professional work experience
- Join the internship Boot camp
- Networking Opportunities
Candidates must take a glance over the given criteria:
- Students who are currently enrolled in a New York City-based college or university, or students need to be a New York City residents currently enrolled in (or within one year of graduating from) any college or university are applicable.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident including DACA participants
- Students who are holders of Visas that allow completion of the internship without sponsorship may also apply.
- Students who are juniors, seniors and graduates will be preferred.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students having a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 can apply. Students having a GPA under 3.0 may apply but should write an explanation describing the circumstances.
- Participants must be able to attend full-time workweek for the ten weeks of the program
- Must provide a personal Statement up to 500 words explaining your interest in participating in the LifeSci NYC internship program
- Must include a list of any relevant courses you have taken, as well as specific skill sets
- A Transcript or Resume targeting your latest academic transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable) and your current resume.
- Must provide an optional video not exceeding up to 3 minutes, describing the reasons why you are participating in the LifeSci NYC internship program.
- Must provide letters of reference from 1-2 people which can be advisors, professors, work supervisors or personal references but they shouldn’t be family members or friends and give them plenty of time to submit a reference for you.
Applicants must be US citizens or US permanent residents.
How to Apply:
Applicants need to apply online.
Applications are currently available for summer 2020.