Gain real experience. Learn from the best. See how your work matters.
Our internships are designed to prepare you for your career journey, not a final destination. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a community committed to providing you with a safe environment to learn, grow and cultivate your skills. With our expansive learning resources, our well-respected leaders, and our carefully curated development courses, you will be equipped to confidently solve tomorrow’s global issues. And, truthfully, our future relies on you. Your innovative minds, your intentional collaboration, and your sincere desire to nourish the world. Your work may be local, but at Cargill, your impact will be global. Join our community to cultivate your curiosity, develop meaningful relationships and propel your career.
Trading Technology Internship:
Cargill Risk Management (CRM) offers commodity consumers and producers risk management products to hedge their commodity price risk. The Trading Technology internship presents candidates an opportunity to work with a group of developers and quantitative analysts on a world-class derivatives trading platform built by Cargill Risk Management. The internship will offer the opportunity to work with modern cloud computing technologies, as well as challenging design questions involving derivatives pricing and trade execution. The ideal candidate has a strong software design background, paired with significant training in probability.
- Work with developers to implement desired features, either server-side or client-side
- Understand Cargill Risk Management‡s approach to derivatives pricing and hedging
- Respond to ad hoc requests to analyze data generated by trading platforms
- Participate in project work that advances the state of Cargill Risk Management technology
Key Capabilities for Success:
- Strong communication skills to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Willingness to understand and participate in business activities outside the domain of technology
- Ability to quickly understand complex data structures and their financial implications
- Eagerness to operate in an interdisciplinary way to fully develop new code
- Rigorous application of computer science principles to applied trading problems
With comprehensive learning resources at your disposal, you can take your learning in any direction
As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities
Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops and employees across the U.S.
- Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked.
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work.
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an
- internship or full-time position to return the following year.
No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As an intern, you‡ll have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid time off
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing and Relocation Assistance for those that qualify
Your development is our priority. With our outstanding global network, you will establish relationships, acquire mentors, and build your professional contacts. Our program encourages and orchestrates networking opportunities that will benefit you now and in your future career. During the internship, you will also receive consistent support from university recruiting staff, mentors, colleagues, and your supervisor.
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees‡ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, and Cargill Women‡s Network.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Currently pursuing a bachelor‡s or master‡s degree from an accredited program in any major; and graduating between December 2025 – August 2027
- Candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Wayzata, MN for an internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2024)
- Programming experience, preferably using .NET or TypeScript
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Pursuing a bachelor‡s or master‡s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Equivalent Qualifications
- Understanding of derivatives pricing models
- Knowledge of basic structured programming, systems analysis and design, database design, and business concepts
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills, collaboration skills, verbal and written communication skills, and information research and gathering skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.