Website Lutheran Senior Services
Build your resume by starting Intern Information Technology at the Lutheran Senior Services. It is based in the popular area of St. Louis, MO.
Job: Intern Information Technology
Company: Lutheran Senior Services
Location: St. Louis, MO
The IT Intern learns and performs various IT tasks dependent on their course of study, training and education under the direct guidance of an IT Director.
The IT Intern upholds the philosophy, vision and core values of Lutheran Senior Services while ensuring that “Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily by the end of the internship period. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Under the supervision of an IT director the intern will learn to perform duties and assist in tasks related to their course of study. Learning opportunities may include:
1. Help desk – Assist in providing telephone support to end users.
2. Desktop – Assist in loading, configuring, testing and maintaining workstation-based hardware and software.
3. Network – Assist in loading, configuring, testing and maintaining network hardware and software.
4. Programming – Assist in developing reports, queries, interfaces and applications.
5. Health Information Management – Assist in entering and validating data and reporting.
6. Assist other IT team members as assigned.
7. Addressing all assigned tickets and documenting in the “Track-IT” system to ensure user needs are met.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. 2 or more years study in computer related field or equivalent IT certification program.
2. Good communication and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activities and demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time working at a computer.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
A well-lighted and ventilated working area that has its own temperature control system (air conditioning and heat).
Is subject to frequent interruptions.
Is willing to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Shift (United States of America)