Jacobs internship can be used as resume builder. They are offering new Junior/Intern Architect positions in the Oregon. Applications are open now.
Job: Junior/Intern Architect
The Buildings & Infrastructure
Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the
private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities
we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future
development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients
award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design,
construction and program management, and design-build project delivery.
The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients,
leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth
opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many
classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors,
Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Intern Architect
careers provides you with an opportunity to work as part of a multi-discipline,
highly interactive and coordinated team providing architectural support to the
lead architect. Each day, you will participate in the architectural design
process and help develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used
to communicate concepts to the client. As an Intern Architect, you will also
provide support for schematic design, design development, construction document
phase, and construction phase activities. You should be a self-motivated
professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, have at least four years
of experience working on architectural projects and have the desire to grow
personally as well as professionally with each new architectural design
Our Intern Architects:
• Provide architectural support for design of municipal/industrial facilities.
• Develop design criteria using International Codes, ADA, NFPA & OSHA.
• Apply fundamental architectural design principles to the development of
potentially complex solutions to complex requirements.
• Utilize Sketchup, Revit, and Microstation software to create 3D models for
conceptual visualization and construction documentation.
• Develop project specifications from master specifications.
• Review product or shop drawing submittals during construction phase.
• Develop design concepts with in-house engineers, constructors and operators.
• Engage in continuing development programs designed to broaden knowledge and
• Contribute to a company dedicated to sustainable development practices.
• Participate and progress in NCARB Internship Development Program toward
• Use knowledge of sustainable design practices and LEED rating system(s) in
support of project design requirements.
degree in Architecture from an architecturally accredited university and the
ability to become licensed
· 4 years of architectural design experience
· Knowledge and experience in preparation of preliminary design documents and
contract documents (including construction drawings and specifications)
· Knowledge and experience in selecting building materials for
· Experience performing building code analysis
· Previous experience reviewing contractor submittals and providing
· Basic 2D & 3D computer graphic skills
· Strong written and verbal communications
· Proficient in using Microsoft software tools such as MS Word, Outlook, and
· 3D computer graphic skills using Sketch-Up and Revit.
In addition to the
basic qualifications the following are highly desired:
· Professional Registration (AR)
· 7 years of architectural experience in the design of municipal/industrial
· LEED Accredited Professional
At Jacobs, we help
prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every
level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and
offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow,
and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative
of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing
career here at Jacobs.
To apply for this job please visit jacobs.taleo.net.