Website American Red Cross
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
*This is a part-time paid position that will run through June of 2023. You must be a currently enrolled student.
Assist in the assessment and development of American Red Cross programs. Conducts research related to the program and recommends processes for greater efficiency. Assist with the creation and/or maintenance of program plans and systems.
Potential projects include assisting with developing, assigning and reviewing written and/or video projects for intern and/or volunteers to complete.
Serve as a back-up Public Information Officer in the event of a large-scale disaster
Provide support to all communications activities throughout the internship (day-to-day, event and disaster-related).
1. Provides entry-level professional services, under supervision of more senior staff as appropriate.
2. Participates in projects designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
3. Participates in the planning and implementation of projects within area of expertise.
4. Responsible or assignment planning and problem resolution.
5. Receives guidance, training and mentoring from staff in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
6. May conduct original research and prepares reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Is actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. Prefer degree program related to assignment. Prefer candidate in at least junior year if Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Some office related experience with computer skills in Microsoft Office and other database applications may be required, video editing skills preferred. Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills preferred.
To apply for this job please visit americanredcross.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.