International Rescue Committee is now offering to current students and recent graduates an excellent Career Development Program Internship that will be held in spring 2021. This a part-time internship will last 3 months in Silver Spring, MD.
With the motive to promote client self-sufficiency and encourage clients to work towards long-term career goals, this intern will work closely with the career development team.
Overall, this position will counsel and assist clients by training curricula, updating workshops to fit clients’ interests, and teaching clients the skills and strategies to reach their long-term employment goals.
International Rescue Committee is also known as IRC that is a humanitarian aid organization based in New York, New York. The organization is dedicated to providing help to those whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflicts and disasters.
The work station for this position will be in Silver Spring, MD.
This program will take at least 3 months. It requires a minimum of 20+ hours per week.
This internship is unpaid however interns will enjoy other benefits like flexible hours, great work location, training, mentorship, networking opportunities and many more.
This program is appropriate for those who fulfill all the given requirements:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with fellow interns to create/teach training. This is a team focused internship, so friendly, motivated, and team-spirited qualities are needed
- Excellent communication and writing skills; including cross-cultural communicative skills
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and adapts quickly to change
- Confident in public speaking, or interest to develop these skills
- Strong interest in refugee and asylees issues as well as in workforce development
- Language skills in Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Dari, Farsi, French, Kinyarwanda, Spanish, Hindi, or Swahili are a plus
- Preference to current students and recent graduates.
How to Apply:
The application process is entirely online. All candidates are requested to attach a resume and cover letter to their applications.
This position is filled on a rolling basis.