Gilead is inviting undergraduates, and currently enrolled students who are engaged in organic chemistry or related fields to join its medicinal chemistry internship. This internship is to be conducted in Foster City, CA, starting from June 2nd, 2020.
Interns will join a research team to help in discovering curative medicines for life-threatening diseases. They will also collaborate with their scientific mentor to gain proper working experience and complete their assigned work.
Through this internship, students will get to know more about organic chemistry and medicines. This program is also a great place for students to share ideas and views with senior scientists and knows their perspective on how to work effectively in the field of chemistry.
Gilead Sciences is an American biotechnology company founded in1987. The company discovers and develops innovative medicines focusing on antiviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV, hepatitis, etc. It works to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
The location for the internship is Foster City, CA, USA.
The internship will start from 2nd June 2020 run through 24th August 2020.
Interested candidates must look over the benefits they will receive:
- Acquire and learn practical training
- Gain vast experience in modern and organic chemistry
- Improve your presentation skills
- Explore knowledge of medicinal chemistry
- Guidance of senior and experienced scientists.
Candidates must go through the below requirements before applying:
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or above.
- A student who is an undergraduate or enrolled in a 4-year accredited university/college in Organic Chemistry or a related field may apply.
- Students must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students must be able to complete 10-12 consecutive weeks between May and September 2020.
How to Apply:
All applicants must fill an online application to be considered.
Applications are current available to apply.