Dominion Energy is searching for candidates in order to pursue two completely different types of the internship program. The mindset behind providing the internship program is to engage the student in projects that can contribute to the overall development of the company. The company is proud to offer two roles in the company at this stage of time, one is an engineering intern, and the other one is a data integration intern. The person hired for both roles must be hard-working, detail-oriented and talented. In order to qualify for any of the internship programs, the applicant must be proficient in computer-related software. The person must know how to tackle varied situations and must know how to deal with other staff members. Applicants more than 18 years of age is supposed to apply for the internship program. In order to add on the things, the student must be working well-known college or university in order to obtain a bachelor’s degree.
Once the applicant is hired in the company, they will be engaged in some tasks that must be completed on time and efficiently. Anyone interested in pursuing the data integration program, the role of the intern is to asset the power system analysis and modelling using the PI system tools. If working towards an engineering program, then the person is asked to perform duties that include designing and planning the electric or gas transmission and other distribution systems. All the tasks assigned to the student is to increase the skills and working knowledge. The company offers many benefits that are sufficient to attract anyone. The person must be career-oriented and must possess the ability to complete the tasks independently and in a particular group. The company is offering this internship program in the United States, so the student is required to possess the legal authority to work in the States.
Dominion Energy is commonly called or referred to as Dominion. It is an American power and energy company that is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. The company supplies electricity in parts of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and it also supplies natural gas to the parts of West Virginia, Ohio, Utah, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The company also has a generation that facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Rhode Island and Connecticut. The company was acquired by Questar Corporation in the United States that also includes the parts of Wyoming and Utah. The company completed its acquisition of SCANA Corporation in January 2019.
All the selected applicants are awarded comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary that include vacation, paid holidays, domestic partners, health benefits that cover families as well, and tuition reimbursement.
- Model and Analyze the power system using the PI tolls.
- Must complete the tasks with PI notification, PI asset framework, and PI analysis.
- Extension, development, design, debugging the documentation data analysis tools for power system asset and power system.
- Extension, development, design, debugging the documentation of the software related to maintenance the PI system and other data governance.
- Maintain and design the SQL database.
- Designing and planning the electric or gas distribution and transmission system.
- Supporting the field operation, preparing details drawing, and performing variety of system and equipment testing.
- Supporting the analysis and engineering studies that is related to electric, fossil hydro, electric and other projects.
- Supporting the installation of electric, fossil hydro, electric and other projects.
- Supporting and reviewing the project schedules, providing status reports, and cost estimates.
- The person must be at least 18 years in age.
- Must be graduate with any field of engineering and working towards the master’s degree in computer engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or with focus on similar subjects.
- The candidate must possess minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- The person must be proficient in computer and must know how to work with SQL.
- The minimum age required for the program is 18 years.
- The applicant must be working to obtain the degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- The minimum GPA required for the program is 2.5 or higher.
- Prior experience will be given preference.
- The applicant must be able to perform field work.
- The person must have strong communication knowledge.
The location for the data integration program is in the United States while the engineering internship is also provided in the United States but particularly in South Carolina, especially in Charleston, Aiken, Columbia, Cayce, Beaufort and Summerville.
Duration of Internship
The company is providing the internship program for a flexible schedule, and it must be completed on time.
How to Apply
For both the program, we have provided the link which can take the applicant to a fresh page where all the details must be filled in by the student itself. All the details must be filled in accurately; otherwise, the company will not accept the application.