Nieman Marcus Group is organizing its Corporate Internship Program for excellent applicants. This is a paid full-time internship program for college seniors.
This fast-paced 9-week program is designed to identify top merchandising talent among rising college seniors and develop the skills necessary for them to participate in our Executive Development Program.
What does an NMG internship offer?
- You will learn basic merchant and support functions, buying office operations, and how to be an effective assistant buyer.
- You will be placed in a buying office, planning division, or marketing division.
- You will have the opportunity to be mentored by our Senior Executive Leadership team.
- You will develop a business plan and present it to the executive board at the conclusion of the internship.
Either at NMG headquarters in downtown Dallas or at Bergdorf Goodman headquarters in New York City.
Applications are accepted annually, November 1 to December 15, for the following summer’s program.
What are the hours?
Monday through Friday, 9:00-6:00 (40 hours per week).
What are the duties of the intern?
- Understand and analyze the business
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Review sales trends and opportunities
- Oversee execution of operational functions
- Attend division meetings and react to the needs of an office
What are the internship requirements?
- Must be analytical, articulate and organized
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask
- Must handle themselves in a professional manner
- Must work confidently in teams and independently
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
What is the next step after applying online?
Human Resources will review all resumes and assessment scores and will contact only those candidate who will move on to the progressive interview process. Those candidates will be contacted by January 10.