Interested in becoming a child life specialist and want to be part of a world-class organization? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Children’s Medical Center Dallas would like to invite students to its child life internship program. This internship is 15 weeks in duration and is full time.
Children’s Health is a pediatric health care system in North Texas that provides pediatric health, wellness, and acute care services for children from birth to age 18.
Child life internship has been designed to meet your unique needs and allow you to acquire professional child life skills. Through this internship, you will increase your familiarity with hospital policies and procedures by observing child life staff in various settings. You will also learn about diverse areas in child life by participating in daily student groups.
To be considered, you will be required to meet all of the following criteria.
- You must be enrolled at a university during the internship.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of a 100-hour Child Life Practicum experience under a Certified Child Life Specialist working with infants, children, youth and/or families undergoing stress and trauma. The Child Life Practicum must be completed by the start of the internship.
- Have completed at least 100 hours of experience with good infants, children, youth and/or families.
- Have successfully completed child life coursework that included the 6 applied areas of study as required by ACLP. This course must be completed by the start of the internship.
- Have successfully completed an ACLP Eligibility Assessment, showing all 10 required courses by ACLP accepted, with one being the child life course taught by a certified child life specialist. All required courses must be completed by the start of the internship.
How to Apply:
To apply for this internship, candidates must submit an online application form through the given link: https://forms.childrens.com/apps/anon/org/app/25498f1f-39d3-49fb-809f-758608766c48/launch/index.html?form=F_Form1
Within the application you will also attach:
- Current one-page Resume (Do NOT submit more than one page)
- A one page Cover Letter explaining why you have chosen to apply for this internship site and what qualities you for this internship
- Documentation of the ACLP Eligibility Assessment Report showing all coursework as “passed.”
- If the required courses are not all “passed” on the report and completed at the time of applying to the internship then the candidate must submit a Child Life Course in Progress and/or Additional Courses in Progress form. All 10 required courses must be completed by the start of the internship.
- Documentation of a 100-hour Child Life Practicum completed under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist using the practicum verification form
- If the Child Life Practicum is not completed at the time of applying to the internship then the candidate must submit a Practicum in Progress form. The Child Life Practicum must be completed by the start of the internship.
- Unofficial University transcripts from all Universities. The intern will be asked to submit Official Transcript if/once selected as an intern at this
In addition to the online application, you must submit:
- Two completed references forms using the attached form. These forms should be emailed to [email protected] and should be emailed directly by the person completing the reference forms for you.
- One reference form must be from an academic professor
- One reference form must be from your child life practicum supervisor
Summer 2019 deadline is 5 January 2019
Fall 2019 deadline is 15 March 2019