The interns will assist senior clinicians with in-hospital, surgical and ambulatory cases. The daily duties of the intern include treatment and assessment of patients, maintaining patient records, client communications. Other responsibilities will be allocated to the intern according to their interests.
This internship program has a motive to provide new veterinarians with hands-on experience and advanced skills in the diagnostic and therapeutic management of the sport horse. Interns will also practice under the guidance of senior clinicians.
Chicago Equine Medical Center is a veterinary and surgery near Chicago, Illinois. This center has been committed to the health and soundness of race and sport horses while serving pleasure horses as well. It is comprised of highly trained veterinarians and staff that are dedicated to prevent, diagnose, and treat equine injuries and illnesses. It is the foremost equine medical facility in the Midwest.
Wauconda, Illinois, is the location for the internship.
This internship is conducted for 12 months, from June to June.
Interns will get the below-mentioned benefits through the internship:
- A $30,000 salary
- Positive job outlook
- Strong business & social network
- Interesting work
- Learning opportunities
- Volunteering work
Ideal candidates must have:
- A desire for a hands-on internship with direct and indirect supervision
- Eligible for licensing in Illinois and Wisconsin
- A letter of intent, transcript, and three letters of recommendation with a CV to apply.
- An externship at Chicago Equine Medical Center is highly recommended.
- A DVM or equivalent from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Completed the NAVLE or NBE and CCT.
- Ability to weekends, work nights, and holidays if needed and also a positive attitude
The ideal candidate must have US Citizenship.
How to Apply:
The application process is entirely online.
The applicants are free to apply for the internships till November 30, 2020