Cedars-Sinai is very happy to announce the availability of its mind-blowing student internship program based in Cedars-Sinai’s LA office. This is an extensive educational program open for bachelor’s degree students.
This position will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a healthy habits curriculum at partner schools. Other responsibility includes collecting and recording evaluation data, supporting healthy habits school events and performing track administrative tasks, etc.
On the other hand, this program will help students in fostering knowledge and gaining essential skills such as idea generation, critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, collaborating, and teamwork.
Cedars-Sinai is a not-for-profit health care organization located in Los Angeles, California. It has been serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond since it was established in 1902. With more than 4,500 physicians and nurses and 1,500 research projects in motion, it is ranked as the best hospital of 2019-20 by U.S. News & World Report.
The program will secure a venue in Los Angeles, California.
You can expect the following benefits from this program:
- Safety training and orientation
- Guidance and regular one-on-one meetings with mentors
- Opportunity to attend meetings, department meetings, and journal clubs
- Participation in lunchtime learning and networking events
- Opportunity to enhance presentation skills
- Networking opportunities
- Valuable projects
- Flexible hours
- Great location
Students, who meet the following requirements, will be strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a community health setting
- Current California driver’s license and vehicle for travel
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgment, and in a well-organized manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work well with colleagues, senior staff and community partners
- Currently enrolled in a graduate public health program with an accredited school of public health preferred
- Must possess computer literacy, this includes working knowledge of Windows or comparable system, presentation development, email, browsers, spreadsheets, etc
- Spanish fluency a plus
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online.
The applications are currently open.