If you are a Ph.D. candidate who aspires to work in an agile start-up environment and gain deep insights into different areas during your studies, then consider participating in this Ph.D. summer internship program at AQR.
This is 10 week-long learning experience includes a summer-long research project along with participation in a structured learning program such as educational, skill-building and networking events.
The responsibility of this role consists of collaborating with researchers and other professionals to develop new and improve current investment strategies.
Through the opportunity of interacting with employees, participating in workshops and classes, and most significant research projects, here you can set the strong foundation for your career.
AQR is a global investment management firm headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States. It was founded in January 1998 by Cliff Asness, David Kabiller, John Liew, and Robert Krail in New York, NY.
The summer program will be held in Greenwich, CT.
The program is for 10 weeks.
Those hired will be provided the chance to interact with employees, participate in workshops and classes, educational, skill-building and networking events and to work on valuable research projects.
AQR requires that all individuals applying for this summer opportunity must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Ph.D. candidate from the top program with a degree in a scientific or quantitative discipline; finance, economics, operations research, applied math, statistics preferred
- Candidates must be in the final or penultimate year of their Ph.D. program
- Demonstrated interest in the financial industry
- Experience conducting empirical research and analyzing with large data sets
- Strong background in econometrics or statistics; knowledge of optimization is preferred
- Experience programming in MATLAB or similar tools; Python experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to discuss and explain involved concepts in both verbal and written form
How to Apply:
To be eligible to participate in this program, you need to fill out an application form. Candidates are also requested to attach their resume/CV and cover letter with it.
The applications will remain to be accepted until the post is filled.