American Institutes for Research has an immediate need for an I/O psychology researcher intern for summer for its Crystal City, VA office. It is paid and 10 to 12 weeks long placement.
The hired will work on one or more projects and perform several duties like job analysis, practice analysis, competency modeling, selection, assessment, test validation, workforce planning, workforce analytics, and training.
While performing their duties, interns will learn the ropes of the psychology field and gain an understanding of how to put academic knowledge to good use. The program will equip its interns with experience, skills, and long-lasting connections.
AIR is a non-profit organization focused on work behavioral and social science research and evaluation. As one of the largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations, it has always been dedicated to using the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches. It was founded in 1946 by John C. Flanagan and has over 1,100 employees in locations across the US and abroad.
The internship will be located in Crystal City, VA.
The length of this program is 10 – 12 weeks.
You will have:
- Competitive pay rate
- Mentorship and training from the professionals
- Great working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
You must meet the eligibility requirements:
- Currently seeking a student in an I/O psychology doctoral program, with experience in a behavioral or social science research
- Highly proficient in data management and analysis procedures. Proficient in data analysis programs, such as SPSS and Excel. Familiarity with syntax driven analyses in software programs such as R is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Fundamental understanding of job analysis and test development
- Ability to use PowerPoint
- Data visualization skills preferred Tableau experiences a plus.
How to Apply:
Applications will be received online.
Open until the right candidates are found.