The AFSCME is seeking applications from students having the aim of helping individuals. The Student Internship Program will conduct in spring in Tucson, Arizona.
The ideal interns will join and assist a team that is working for decent health care, better pay, and dignity for workers throughout Southern Arizona. The Program will also hand over other various works of event planning, organizing, and office assistance to the interns.
As an AFSCME intern, you will gain knowledge by working in the health department of AFSCME. The Program will also provide you with great valuable experience which can be used for further professional career achievements.
The American Federation of State, Country, and Municipal Employees is the largest trade union of public employees in the United States. It is representing over 1.3 million public sector employees and retirees, including health care workers, corrections officers, sanitation workers, police workers, etc.
The Program will last in Tucson, Arizona
The internship program will provide various benefits to interns:
- Explore a career path
- Get valuable experience
- Make an impact on the resume
- Learn professional work
- Enhance your overall personality
- Get further full-time role offers
The interested applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must commit to helping workers gain power and justice on the job.
- Must be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must include a keen interest in union organizing
- Must have an ability to empathize with workers and move others to action
- Candidates having previous work experience that involves research, organizing, phone calls, creative actions and writing is a plus.
How to Apply:
There are no such rigid dates for the submission of the applications.