Aerojet Rocketdyne is asking for applicants for the internship program. The program is available to the students in the summer semester that will start in May or June and will end in August or September. The selected applicant, after the completion of the training and the orientation, the student will support the thruster system integration technology and design group in the successful design, development, planning, and qualification of the mechanical hardware. The hired individual is required to support the senior engineering staff and will gain experience and other familiarization with the Aerojet Rocketdyne projects. The student must be hard-working and is required to perform all the tasks in a timely manner. The candidate needs to possess extraordinary communication skills and other related technical skills. The applicant must be able to perform physical activities that include lifting, pulling, and carrying objects. The student is sometimes required to travel by air or auto.
The intern is required to perform the duties in an office environment that is super cool and composed. The person is asked to perform some of the duties that must be performed effectively and efficiently. The tasks assigned to the student include assisting in the development of engineering designs that are used on the liquid rocket engine application. The selected intern must participate in the production program, trade studies, and supporting technology development efforts. Sometimes the person can be asked to assist the senior staff according to the work that needs to be completed. The individual must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills. The applicant is required to carry the protective equipment and must possess the ability to work in different working conditions.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an American missile and rocket manufacturer company. The headquarters of the company is in Sacramento, California. The company is popularly owned by the Aerojet Rocketdyne holdings. The company was formed in 2013 when Aerojet and the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne were merged; the following was the latter’s acquisition by GenCorp from Pratt & Whitney. On April 27, the name of the company changed to Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. from GenCorp, Inc. The company at present is manufacturing different rockets, and Lockheed Martin wants to acquire the company as soon as possible.
The student is eligible for all the luring benefits that include paid time off, sick leaves, flexible working schedule and the insurance policy, and many other such benefits that can be used to gain relevant knowledge.
- Assist in the development of the engineering design.
- Use them in the liquid rocket engine applications.
- Support the technology development efforts.
- Production program design.
- Perform the tasks that include part selection research, conceptual design support.
- Must know how to use computer aided design as well as the data collection.
- Learn and apply the design for the manufacturing analysis tools and the analysis of the software.
- Assist the senior staff with the technical presentations and the submittals to both the internal customers and the external customers.
- The applicant must be 18 years old.
- The candidate must be working in the prestigious college or university in order to obtain the degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- The person must possess leadership skills.
- The individual must possess excellent communication skills.
- The student must be talented, hard-working, and resourceful.
- The applicant must possess the working knowledge of typical software applications.
- The student must possess the experience with the CAD tools such as NX, CREO, or Solidworks.
- The individual must possess the experience with the development hardware and the mechanical assembly.
The primary location for the internship program in Washington, Redmond. The student needs to travel to various places in order to complete the internship program.
Duration of Internship
The company is providing the internship program for the summer semester that is expected to begin in May or June and will end in August or September that means the duration of the program offered by the company is for 4 months.
How to Apply
Getting a position in a prestigious company can be very beneficial, and the way through which the student can apply for the position is- click on the link mentioned below, fill in the required details, upload essential documents, and it is done.