The Racial Justice Program of ACLU is now seeking applications for a wonderful Legal Internship for the summer of 2020. The internship requires a full-time commitment of 35 hours per week for 10 weeks. It will start on June 1st, 2020 or June 22nd, 2020.
The ACLU’s Racial Justice Program focuses on upholding racial equality and combating racism in all forms. As part of this program, interns can gain valuable experience by working with the team on a wide variety of issues while getting a good pay rate.
The consideration will be given to those who are law students and have completed at least one year of law school before the internship commences. Candidates must have excellent research and communication skills.
The American Civil Liberties Union in short ACLU is a nonprofit organization that has been working in the United States since 19 January 1920. With more than 4 million members, activists, and supporters, ACLU is dedicated to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the constitution and laws of the United States.
This program is located in New York, NY.
This position requires a commitment of 35 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Interns, who do not receive outside funding and/or course credit, will get the competitive stipend.
This position will be filled with those candidates who fulfill the given requirements:
- Law student
- Excellent research skills, including conducting internet and legal database research.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizing, and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The initiative to see projects through to completion.
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
How to Apply:
Apply by filling an online application form that must include your resume/CV and cover letter.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the slot is filled.