In September 2015, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted by UN Member States. Central to the Agenda is the set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which define a plan of action for people, planet and prosperity to be undertaken by all countries until the year 2030.
The UN SDG Action Campaign, is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General that aims to inspire, connect and mobilize everyone to join the global movement to take action for the SDGs. The Campaign brings together the UN, national and local governments, youth groups, civil-society organizations, the media, and the private sector through calls to action and creative platforms to scale-up, broaden and sustain the global movement of SDG changemakers. Based in Bonn, Germany, the UN SDG Action Campaign leads global engagement opportunities and initiatives including: the Global Day to Act4SDGs on 25 September, the Global Festival for Action for Sustainable Development, held annually in Bonn, the MY World survey to capture citizen views on the SDGs, the UN SDG Action Awards, and the SDG Action network.
As a part of providing global support to partners the UN SDG Action Campaign is aiming to strengthen activities and the delivery of campaign toolkits to facilitate large scale advocacy and citizen participation around the world.
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage 1-2 creative, passionate storytellers, social media champions, or multi-media creators to be part of the communications team supporting everyone to communicate on the SDGs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing editorial support to the UN SDG Action Campaign outreach activities and through its social media platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Support in the design and production of multi-media materials for digital use.
- Support the curation of SDG Actio stories, video and photo series
- Support the development of communication products, media packages,
- Lead the development of the campaign newsletter
- Support the development of coordinated media outreach efforts to increase the awareness of the UN SDG Action Campaign activities
- Support effective internal communications regarding progress and developments of the Campaign
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Must be currently enrolled in Master’s degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international relations, new media, communications or related disciplines or within one year of graduation
Academic or professional experience in areas relevant to the SDGs
Demonstrated experience in communications, events and knowledge management
Must be European citizen or resident in Germany
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
|Location :||Bonn, GERMANY|
|Application Deadline :||17-Oct-18 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||4-6 months|